i dreamt that rick shanley and i were involved in an omlette carrying contest. the specifics are a little fuzzy, but we appeared to be at his country house, and his mother appeared to be some sort of referee. there was a great big basin of tomato omlettes, and rick and i had to scurry around with the omlettes balanced on one foot. it was very surreal.
1.You sensed that I have been suffering from an omlette craving for weeks
2. You realized that some eggs have been broken so you figured that you had better make an omlette.
3. I'm hungry.
4. I'm working on this one.
had a crazy dream last night. i was on floor crew for some show, in a very peculiar theatre, where the audience was only a few rows deep, but very wide. my friend from down the hall, john whitney was stage managing the show, even though in reality he doesn't have anything to do with the theatre. i was onstage near the top of the show, doing some sort of set shift, and i got caught in the lights as they came up. i quickly finished what i was doing, and did a sort of dive roll offstage in full view of the audience. i got some sort of disapproving remark in my headset. i decided, cursing, that i should go up to the booth and yell at john face to face. the trouble with that plan was that the theatre was ain a very strange building, and there were lots of little rooms i had to go through, and staircases which didn't go to every floor, and heating pipes i had to crawl over and such. and i didn't know exactly where the booht was. finally, when i got to the booth, after around ten minutes, i started yelling at john about bringing up the lights too soon, he started yelling at me for not moving fast enough...
somehow the very end of my dreaming that night was nothing but the image of millions of sheep stampeding towards me over the great plains of the midwest...
1. sheep stampeding over the fields of the midwest is about three thousand times funnier than buffalo.
2. The lights coming on is a fear that everyone has. There is certain magic that you can perform only when alone. Set changes are representative of this magic. The lights coming on has something to do with a very private matter.
3. It may have stuck you that John is just the sort of person who would call a show if he did that sort of thing.
4. The part about getting from the stage to the booth probably is because of the frustration that I know I have experieced. You can never get there fast enough.